[Sticky] Code of Conduct
DadSourcing Code of Conduct
Welcome to the DadSourcing Forum’s online community (“Community”)! DadSourcing Forum’s online communities are presented for the purpose of connecting Dads and DadSourcing Forum members sharing information through a peer-to-peer forum, discussing topics such as parenting advice, mental health, humour, etc.
By joining a Community, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules, terms and conditions set forth below in this Community Access Agreement. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This Community Access Agreement governs your participation in and use of the Community. The rules, terms and conditions set forth below in this Community Access Agreement (collectively referred to as the “Rules”) apply to all members of the Community (participants, you, or users) and constitute a binding, legal agreement between you, DadSourcing Forum, and its agents.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important Rules. If you have questions, contact the member service department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in the Community for anyone who violates these Rules.
Community participants must adhere to the following rules:
- DadSourcing Forum has made the Community available to participants for the purpose of providing a forum for the discussion of issues important to Dads and Family.
- DadSourcing Forum is making the Community available to participants for educational and informational purposes only. DadSourcing Forum is not undertaking to render advice. Community participants must rely solely on their own judgment with respect to all issues discussed. DadSourcing Forum does not approve or endorse any specific practices that may be mentioned on the Community. DadSourcing Forum makes no representations or warranties regarding the experience, qualifications or information provided by Community participants or otherwise provided using the Community.
- Information posted on the Community will not be treated as confidential and, therefore, should not disclose any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive business or other information. In fact, since any information posted on the Community may be downloaded, reproduced, and disseminated without the knowledge of user(s), users must use extreme care when posting or sending such information.
- Users acknowledge and agree that they (i) will not have any copyright or other property rights in or to information that they (or others) post on the Community; (ii) specifically waive any such property rights; and (iii) hereby grant all users a license to use (including the right to publish) all information posted by them on the Community.
- Users are prohibited from using the Community to communicate about prices or terms of service, to exchange practice management or any other proprietary information, or otherwise communicate in a manner that may violate federal or provincial antitrust laws.
- Discussion topics are not to be relied on as specific advice, and such responses are not intended to constitute practice guidelines or advice.
- Users should exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit on the Community and may not use the Community to transmit defamatory, obscene, and otherwise offensive communications.
- Users may not post or distribute files, articles or other information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights, except with the express consent of the owner of the rights.
- Users are prohibited from posting commercial messages or promotions, advertising, or selling goods or services. If you wish to speak to a DadSourcing representative about becoming an official partner, please contact email@example.com.
- Users must respect the security of the Community and may not attempt to gain access or provide access to areas private to DadSourcing Forum or the Community.
- Users are prohibited from using the Community for any purpose that may be illegal. For example, the Community may not be used to solicit or disseminate information having to do with, or to conduct any activity relating to, illegal drugs, pornography, gambling, spreading computer viruses, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, price-fixing, illegal boycotts, or other crimes.
- The Community may not be used in a manner that violates applicable federal, provincial or local laws, DadSourcing Forum bylaws or any other policies, procedures, rules, or regulations of DadSourcing Forum.
- DadSourcing Forum will deny access to the Community to any individual who has not agreed to the terms of these Rules and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) remove any postings or other content that is not consistent with these Rules or otherwise not in the best interests of DadSourcing Forum; and (ii) suspend or terminate access to the Community for violations of these Rules or for otherwise acting in a manner contrary to the interests of DadSourcing Forum.
The views expressed on the Community are those of the individual contributors. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of DadSourcing Forum. DadSourcing Forum makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted on the Community, whether posted by DadSourcing Forum or any third party, and DadSourcing Forum assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse of such information for any purpose. DadSourcing Forum disclaims any responsibility to maintain copies of any information posted on the Community or to assure that such information is deleted. Unless specifically stated otherwise, DadSourcing Forum does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, advice, guidance, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on the Community, and information from the Community should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. NEVERTHELESS, DADSOURCING FORUM RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THESE RULES OR ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF DADSOURCING FORUM.
The Rules include a legally binding release, waiver, discharge, and covenant not to sue (collectively, Release), made voluntarily by you, on your own behalf, and on behalf of your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns (collectively, Releasor or you) to DadSourcing Forum.
As the Releasor, you fully recognize that DadSourcing Forum does not require you to participate in or utilize the Community. With informed consent, and for valuable consideration received, including access to the Community, as the Releasor, you agree to assume and take on yourself all of the risks and responsibilities in any way arising from or associated with the Community and any materials, information, guidance, or advice contained or posted on or to the Community, and you release DadSourcing Forum and its affiliates, members, committees, board, officers, directors, legal representatives, employees, agents, administrators, assigns, and contractors (collectively, Releasees), from any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, damages, actions, and liabilities of every name and nature whatsoever, whenever occurring, whether known or unknown, contingent or fixed, at law or in equity, that you may suffer at any time arising from or in connection with the Community, your acts or omissions, or information you transmit in connection with your participation in an use of the Community, and the materials, information, guidance, or advice contained on the Community, including any injury or harm to others (collectively, Liabilities), and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Releasees harmless from and against any and all Liabilities.
As the Releasor, you recognize that this Release means that you are giving up, among other things, all rights to sue Releasees for injuries, damages, or losses that you may incur. You also understand that this Release binds your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns, as well as yourself.
DadSourcing Forum reserves the right to modify or change the terms of these Rules as it determines from time to time in the best interests of DadSourcing Forum, provided that all Community users are notified prior to any such change. Use of the Community constitutes the user’s continuing agreement to be bound by these Rules, as amended from time to time.
Acceptance of Rules
By joining the Community, you (i) represent and warrant that you have read these Rules, including, without limitation the terms of the Release set forth above; (ii) fully understand the terms of these Rules (including, without limitation, the Release included herein) and acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to review these Rules (including, without limitation, the terms of the Release) with an attorney of your choosing if you so desire; and (iii) agree to be legally bound by the terms of these Rules.